[freelists-users] Re: a little help?

  • From: "Alex S. Garcia" <mvdbase@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:59:25 -0500 (EST)

>I have a closed list, but all non-subscriber messages have to be approved by
>me. This way SPAM can be filtered.

Same here.

>I forgot how I did it, and maybe John could please post the currect
>setting(s).

I think there's a setting somewhere that asks you, if your list is closed,
what you want to do with attempted posts from non-subscribers. One option,
for instance, is to have it "eaten" (I think that's the term used :-) or you
can have them run by you for approval in case you want it sent to the list
anyway.

This is handy as I've found that sometimes a subscriber's message won't get
through because he's trying (unknowingly) to mail the list from a different
address then the one he's subscribed with. So this way, instead of simply
losing the message (and having the guy wonder why it never showed up) I can
let it go through and warn him about the problem.

Should do the trick for you, I think.

Alex.

Progressive rock : prog.xrs.net / rip.xrs.net