[freelists-users] Re: Wrapping.

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:49:29 -0700

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:42:14 -0500, Fr. Pat wrote:

> When sending posts to my newsletter list sometimes the lines of text are
> truncated rather than wrapping.  Is there a setting that will get the
> lines to wrap, or a number of characters that may be included in a line
> before it wraps?

This is the responsibility of the MUA (Mail User Agent), the software you
use to compose and send the message.  The header of your message says:
Microsoft Outlook, Build 10.0.2627.  Since I'm using Linux, I have no idea
which version of Outlook you're using, are the latest updates applied?

Quite possibly this could be a problem with the quoted-printable encoding
method used by Outlook.  Lines might be wrapped by the software regardless
of your intent.  Typically, these lines are wrapped with equal-signs at
the end of the line.

As I said, I've only seen Outlook on occasion, but here are two
suggestions:  Import your newsletter as text and turn off line wrapping on
sending.

I sure others a provide more specific details regarding how to do this
within Outlook...

        -Paul