[freelists-users] Re: Unsubbing Yahoo Hard Bounces

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 00:48:53 -0700

On Thu, 30 May 2002 06:55:04 -0400, Linda Johnson wrote:

> Why, AFTER I unsubscribe them, do they continue to show up on my error
> report as bouncing, even though the error report lists UNSUB to the left
> of their name?  If they are unsubbed, how can they still bounce?

The default for delivery is to usually try for four days (this can be
changed on the delivering system by the administrator).  If the delivering
host does not recognize the failure or it was given a temporary error code
rather than a permanent error code, it will continue trying until this
four days are up (usually send back status reports at certain times of the
aging process).

        -Paul