[freelists-users] Subscribing to lists on the FreeList web site

  • From: Babette Bloch <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:10:54 -0700

I am writing directions for members of my organization who want to join
my mail list.

Wanting to tell them how they can sign up for lists from the FreeList
site, I went on my self to refresh my memory.

It seems that a new visitor must log in by giving the Email address and
leave the password blank,then has to await for the server to send a
password code. Until they get that confirmation, they can't look at the
list of lists or subscribe?

I couldn't find anything on the Free List home page that explains this.
It's actually a little hard to figure out how to look at the names of
lists one might want to use, except for the categorized list.  If you're
looking for a list by name, to subscribe, that categorized list is not
the easiest place to find it.

Am I missing something?