[freelists-users] Some list behaviorial oddities...

  • From: "Alex S. Garcia" <mvdbase@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:51:13 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I'm new to FreeLists - thanks John for this great service! - and have been
observing my list's behavior for the past 24 hours... I have a couple of
questions.

First, I noticed that while my messages do get through to the list, they can
take up to 12 or more hours before I get the "echo". In fact, I left myself
set with the ccerror flag, and I end up getting my messages through bounces
much before I get the actual message. And this not only happens for my own
messages but also, apparently, for all others. Which can quickly get quite
confusing. I'm wondering if this is something that can be fixed? The delay
between the time of posting and the time of reception just seems extremely
odd, especially considering that I do get the "bounced versions" almost
instantaneously, and that the messages instantly appear in the archives.

Second, I've set my list so that unsubscription requests should be caught by
the server and _not_ get posted to the list. I thought that was a neat
feature... except, it doesn't seem to be working. I've already caught 3
cases of such requests that _did_ make it through to the list. Any idea
what's wrong?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Alex S. Garcia.