[freelists-users] Re: Setting and unsetting options

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 14:12:59 -0500

> "Are posts by an administrator to a moderated list automatically
> approved" (sic.   - No question mark.)

Sure, there should be a question mark there.  But if you imagine that it
is, I think the question makes sense.

> The default is unchecked.  I assume that means the headers are NOT
> enabled.  But since the answer is "yes" or "no" I'm not sure!  (Not to
> mention the fact that I have no idea what RFC2369 is all about!)

In general: if you don't know what an option means, don't mess with it.  I
don't know what 2369 is either, and I don't care to. :)  And yes, if a yes
or no question is being asked, and the checkbox isn't checked, then we're
obviously saying "no" as an answer.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# UNIX Systems Engineer, Ivy Tech State College