[freelists-users] Re: Moderators?

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:39:50 -0500

> (Hope my questions are useful for people, because I am
> looking through the FAQ and the archives for "moderat" "archiv"
> and so on, and I do not find anything. Am i doing something
> wrong? )
>
> Well: I defined two moderators (the list is not moderated).
> When they log in, they have no special options, their options
> are exactly like a normal user.
> (I created an alias moderator to check)

That's correct -- moderators receive no special "Admin" privileges, just
the ability to moderate postings/subscriptions, depending on the list's
configuration.  To get the user extra "stuff" in the Web Login, you'll
have to set them as an ADMIN, but beware, they can do everything to the
list *you* can (except granting and removing admin privileges), so assign
that privilege with caution.

> I presume that if the list become moderated, then all
> moderators will receive the postings ?
> That's right ?

Correct.

John