[freelists-users] Re: Moderating

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:06:10 -0500

> Is there anyway to send a post for moderation if it contains a specific
> word or words?
>
> For example I want to moderate all posts that contain the word "black" -
> is there any way that I can get all posts containg the word black sent
> to the moderators before they go to the list?

Yes, all you have to do is edit the admin-regexp file from the Web Login
and put in a line with something like: "^.* black .*$"  (remove the
quotes).

However, there's a little bug right now involving how the browser handles
"textarea" fields and how Listar drops data from them into the file.
Basically, most browsers will put a \r\n (the DOS carriage return) at the
end of each line, and that character gets put onto the end of the regular
expressions in your admin-regexp file.  So instead of the expression
above, you end up with: "^.* black .*$\r", which is actually an impossible
regexp.

Anyway, send us a list of words you'd like blocked and we'll set up your
admin-regexp file manually.

John

- FreeLists Staff