[freelists-users] Message submitted to 'freelists-users' (fwd)

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 17:14:15 -0500 (EST)

# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# UNIX Systems Engineer, Ivy Tech State College: http://www.ivy.tec.in.us
# Linux, Apache, Perl and C: All the best things in life are free!

From: "I.R.Maturana" <irm@xxxxxxx>
To: <freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [freelists-users] Re: Escaping special characters
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 20:57:37 +0100

I tried to turn on this morning.
But the effect of "humanize" is to dump cryptic
data on the list :((
I have turned it off (= use the default values)

The real question, I think, is to explain to your users
they must use "plain/text" option, instead of "quoted-printable"
in their email client configuration. Not easy.
This problem is candidate to a FAQ entry :)

Regards, Natxo

> > > I turned that on a while ago, nothing changed.
> > You'll probably need to turn off humanize-mime then.
>
> Well, I just figured out that it was turned off. So I turned it on
> now. I'll tell you about the effect, when something is posted on the
> list.
>
> Cheers, Pablo
>

> --
> http://www.tftt.de - Alternative melancholic Rock

// eompost 3AA7E82F:29F0.1:serryvfgfhfref