[freelists-users] Fixing Bad Yahoo.com Email Addresses

  • From: "Scott Turton" <intel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 23:57:07 -0500

Hi Everyone:

This is what I've done in response to John Madden's email about the potential 
problem with bad yahoo.com email addresses. First, I listed my users and viewed 
the html source file, saving it to my local drive as a text file. I deleted all 
the code before and after the table tags. Then I did "search and replace" for  
"<tr><td> &lt;" and "&gt;</td><td>" and "&nbsp;</td><td 
align=right>&nbsp;</td><td align=right>&nbsp;</td></tr>" replacing these 
strings with nothing. The result is a file with only one email address per 
line. Then I opened the file with ListMaster Pro, a free list tool from 
analogx.com (http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/lmpro.htm) and 
clicked on the domain column to sort the addresses by domain. Then I deleted 
all but the yahoo.com addresses (2856 of them) and copied those into my 
emailing program. I emailed all 2856 of them a special message to verify their 
addresses (telling them there was no need to reply) using my dial-up isp email 
account. 256 of these bounced back with "disabled or discontinued" accounts, 
which I then manually unsubscribed from my list on the freelists.org website. I 
will also be changing some of the parameter settings that John discussed. I 
hope this helps. Thank you.

Scott Turton
List: intelinfo
http://www.intelinfo.com/
Computer Education, Training & Tutorial Resources


===========================================================
The FreeLists-Users mailing list
Archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/freelists-users
Administrative contact: weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
===========================================================

Other related posts: