[freelists-users] Re: Escaping special characters

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 17:24:46 -0500 (EST)

Oops... :)

> I tried to turn on this morning.
> But the effect of "humanize" is to dump cryptic
> data on the list :((
> I have turned it off (= use the default values)

So you're saying that when you turn the humanize option on (with humanize
mime off), it just strips out the qp chars and leaves the messages
unreadable?  It's supposed to convert them to their "real" character
equivalents...

> The real question, I think, is to explain to your users
> they must use "plain/text" option, instead of "quoted-printable"
> in their email client configuration. Not easy.
> This problem is candidate to a FAQ entry :)

Yeah, emails should always be sent in plain text.  Try explaining that to
M$ though. :)

John