[freelists-users] Re: Error Easily Made

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:41:59 -0500

> If you think you might be as stupid as me, act now ...
> turn off your own preapprove flag, plus your admin-approvepost
> and moderator-approvepost config settings.

This is a good point to make.  And if you're really concerned about
privacy on your list, you should kill your preapprove flag to prevent
others from posing as you.  Email really offers no security, and with the
preapprove flag, the message is sent right in to the list.  Do be careful
with it.

> John ... is it easy to remove garbled posts from the public
> archive?

No, but I think under circumstances as these, special requests can be
made. :)

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# UNIX Systems Engineer, Ivy Tech State College