[freelists-users] Re: Equals signs in posted messages

  • From: "George Bell" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Joe Sullivan" <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>, <freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:59:36 +0100

Hi,

Further to Joe Sullivan's message, I hope the following information may =
prove useful.

At least one other member's messages are also arriving with equals (=3D) =
signs. (David Rosenfeld)  If my interpretation of his Message Header =
information is correct, he is using Novel Groupwise.

I am using Outlook 2000(SR1), via Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server.  My =
messages are being sent as Plain Text from Outlook.

My suspicion is that it is the soft returns inserted by Outlook and =
others which is being seen and miss-interpreted.  As Joe says, if you =
are using speech output to listen to messages, it sure gets annoying!

For my part, I am on a number of Yahoogroups lists as well as others, =
and also own four which are run using Listserv software.  The equals =
sign problem does not appear in any of those.

George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd=20