[freelists-users] Re: Dumping of mailing list

  • From: DBCfour@xxxxxxx
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:35:53 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/01 9:49:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Long answer: you can also send to listar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, but in this case,
 you'd also have to provide a "list context," so it's known what list you
 want to perform the command on.  So if you wanted the user list for
 freelists-users (this list), you'd send the command "who freelists-users"
 instead of just "who."

I have a question.  Can anyone send that request and have it sent?  Is there
no way to determine if the person requesting the user list is someone that
should have access to the user list.  In otherwords, could I send a request
for someone else's user list and have it dumped back to me?  If so, that's
not good.  Matter of fact, that is very very bad.

Donna