[freelists-users] Re: Changing from a closed-post to an open post list?

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 19:11:46 -0500

> I've been looking at the admin options to change my list to open-post
> (people send from diffrent accounts that they read from) But haven't
> been able to find any.. Your help is appreciated.

Ordinarily, you'd change the closed-post option to 'false,' but we
restrict use of that variable to prevent SPAM.  You really, really, really
don't want the list to be open to non-subscribers for posting, else you
risk being bombarded with SPAM.

A cleaner option is to have them subscribe more than one account and set
the VACATION flag for those accounts they wish to not "receive" posts for.

John

- FreeLists Staff