[freelists-users] Re: AOL Members not receiving messages

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 04:11:38 -0500

> << If the more moderate solution of changing AOL controls doesn't do the
>  trick, it might be necessary to check into whether the FROM address or
>  domain is one that AOL has decided to filter out because it looks to
> some algorithm on their server as though the sending address is a source
> of spam.  >>
>
> Well, I must be one of the ones having trouble, because I never received
> the original in this thread, but I did receive the response to it.  I
> have no idea what is and isn't being received of late.  I know a couple
> of people have sent test messages to freelists.org lists today, only to
> have some of them never appear.  They're showing up in the archives, but
> never on the list.  Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why sometimes
> they make it through and other times they don't.  Anybody have any
> suggestions yet that don't include telling people to switch from AOL,
> which isn't an option....

I went and checked the mail logs for your address in particular: EVERY
single message that came into the queue to be delivered to you since Oct
12 has been delivered successfully to AOL at mailin-04.mx.aol.com.  That's
roughly 575 messages, and I can provide the log to AOL "support" if they'd
like it.

The problem is apparently not in the transaction, but in their local
delivery.  And again, since it's just AOL users experiencing this, I tend
to think it's something they're "doing" to the mail.

John

- FreeLists Staff