[freelists-users] Re: AOL Members not receiving messages

  • From: DBCfour@xxxxxxx
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 21:56:57 EST

In a message dated 11/2/01 6:25:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
shorst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< If the more moderate solution of changing AOL controls doesn't do the
 trick, it might be necessary to check into whether the FROM address or
 domain is one that AOL has decided to filter out because it looks to some
 algorithm on their server as though the sending address is a source of
 spam.  >>

Well, I must be one of the ones having trouble, because I never received the
original in this thread, but I did receive the response to it.  I have no
idea what is and isn't being received of late.  I know a couple of people
have sent test messages to freelists.org lists today, only to have some of
them never appear.  They're showing up in the archives, but never on the
list.  Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why sometimes they make it
through and other times they don't.  Anybody have any suggestions yet that
don't include telling people to switch from AOL, which isn't an option....

Donna