[freelists-users] Re: AOL Members not receiving messages

  • From: "Martin Enault" <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 23:07:37 -0500

> > If the more moderate solution of changing AOL controls doesn't do the
> > trick, it might be necessary to check into whether the FROM address or
> > domain is one that AOL has decided to filter out because it looks to
> > some algorithm on their server as though the sending address is a source
> > of spam.  (My university's domain address temporarily got blacklisted
> > this way, though in that case it was because of security holes that
> > allowed outside users to disguise mass mailings as though they came from
> > the university.)
>
> Could be, but since some of the mails to AOL users *do* get through, I
> tend to think it's more of a flakiness issue rather than an explicit
> block...

I don't know what's wrong with AOL, but I got the same problem.
Not only on freelist, but on my personal servers, I tried many different
 mailing list progies as I though it might be the problem at first, but no
good.

Some AOL users get the mails, some don't.
For some reason, the ONLY mail list I was able to make that ALL aol users
get the mail
is with yahoo list...

I had a list on one of my server, and half AOL users didn't get the mails.
I switched it on yahoo to test my theory, and all got them.
I'm NOT saying to go with yahoo, as I personally hate it, and it's down way
to often, they add
the subscribers emails to lists they sell to sponsors, put lame
advertisements on messages...
(way to go freelists.org :o))...but Id really like to find out whats the
problem with AOL..

of course, id be tend to recommend aol users to switch to a real isp...but
that's a common recommendation :)

Martin