[freelists-users] Re: 553 Bouncer

  • From: Sladjan Andjelic <dope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 03:38:12 +0200

William Holmes <wholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

WH> I have a report that lists one of my members as bouncing 8 times with a
WH> 553 code.  What exactly does this mean and how can I reset her.  I have
WH> emailed her privately with no problem

with respect to other repliers, it doesn't have to be storage/mailbox problem.
for example, my mail host is configured to block spam by using www.ordb.org, and
the spam blocked reply looks like this:

553 5.3.0 Too many gargle blasters?

i don't know if this error code was picked randomly by my mail admin, but you
could check with the person's mail host administrator, it just might be the same
thing, or something completely different.

--

    ::: Sladjan@xxxxxxxxxxxx ::: http://andjelic.net :::

... I was gonna install Windows, but then I got high.