[freedict] technologies for freedict web app

  • From: Andreas Josef Heil <andijh92@xxxxxx>
  • To: freedict@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 09:18:33 +0200

Hi,

I thought once again about the technologies for the fd web app. I'd like to use php7 with the lavarel framework [1]. The main reason is because I'm new to web development and it would be a good preparation for a special job I'd like to hunt. I live on the country side and there a not many software dev jobs.

Laravel is modern (6 years old) and is as far as I know an industry standard. Rust is not mature enough for web development yet [1]. In addition I don't like statically typed languages very much. Debugging is maybe easier, but the code looks unnatural.

What do you think? Is it OK to use php7 with laravel?

Regards, Andy

[1] https://laravel.com/
[2] http://www.arewewebyet.org/

--