[freedict] eLex-2021

  • From: Piotr Bański <bansp@xxxxx>
  • To: freedict@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 23:45:22 +0100

Just a thought...

https://elex.link/elex2021/call-for-papers/

I've only noticed the call now, as it is getting extended by a week = until the 8th of February. Freedict doesn't fit this year's main topic, but it fits the running topic (electronic lexicography) as well as some of the bulleted subtopics.

Since the format of the conference may well turn out to be per zoom (it's undecided, as of now), it may happen that travelling/accommodation costs are going to be null.

Myself, I lack the necessary quantum of energy to cook something up on my own (or rather, to deliver on the promise, if the abstract gets accepted), but with a co-writer or co-writers, why not. (It's simply that I'm sitting on a few hot deadlines, some of which are mercilessly stretched already).

OR, if some of the project members wish to go for the "software presentation" category, I'll be happy to help with the abstract and/or comment on the eventual paper submission (no need to list me as a co-author).

If I were to be involved. I'd probably favour working in a google doc (at least at the abstract stage = 500 words).

But, as I said: it's just a loose thought.

Best,

   Piotr
--
FreeDict - Free And Open Dictionaries