[freedict] Re: TEI file with multiple orth and gramGrp

  • From: Piotr Bański <bansp@xxxxx>
  • To: freedict@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jochen Peters <jochen.peters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 15:56:24 +0100

Hi Jochen,

A quick reply again (nearly about to catch my plane): part of the reason for your previous question was that you have combined part-of-speech information (Ae.g. DJ) with morphosyntactic information (e.g. FEM.DAT.SG). That is not commonly done when the language in question has a regular grammar described elsewhere -- typically, the POS is enough in a dictionary entry. But more information is never bad, unless it random or inaccurate (which, I presume, is not the case of your dictionary). Your dictionary looked to me a bit like a dictionary of forms rather than a dictionary of lexemes -- I wonder (looking at the codes below): are comparative and superlative forms of adjectives listed as separate entries, or as forms within a single entry? That would give us a hint.

A way to interpret codes is always appreciated. Users would be happy to have that info, if you recover it from the original authors. I vaguely recall that I might have encoded something explanatory in the header of our Swahili-Polish dictionary -- maybe you can use that as a template, if you find it useful (I'm not sure how it compares).

Best wishes,
  Piotr

On 19/12/2018 20:13, Jochen Peters wrote:

Hi. I will try to build a tei file similar to my first
version and a xsl file to convert the content in my favourit csv
file again. I will try use or build a new ontology xml "header" file
for my case.

I identify a really wide gramatic description in my csv file, which
couse me in troubble:

?.PL
ADJ
ADJ.ATTR
ADJ.COMP
ADJ.FEM.DAT.SG
ADJ.FEM.DAT.SG.COMP
ADJ.FEM.DAT.SG.SUPL
ADJ.FEM.NOM.SG
ADJ.MASC.ACC.SG
ADJ.MASC.DAT.SG
ADJ.MASC.NOM.SG
ADJ.NEUT.ACC.SG
ADJ.NEUT.ACC.SG.COMP
ADJ.NEUT.DAT.SG
ADJ.NEUT.DAT.SG.COMP
ADJ.NEUT.DAT.SG.SUPL
ADJ.NEUT.NOM.SG
ADJ.NEUT.NOM/ACC.DEF.SG
ADJ.NEUT.NOM/ACC.INDF.SG
ADJ.PL
ADJ.PL.COMP
ADJ.PL.SUPL
ADJ.PRED.SG
ADJ.SG.PRED
ADV
ADV-V.PAST
ADV.PL
ART
CNJ
CNJ.CORREL
CNJ.SUBR
EXCLAM
N.DAT
NOUN
NOUN.DIM.PL
NOUN.DIM.SG
NOUN.FEM
NOUN.FEM.PL
NOUN.FEM/MASC
NOUN.FEM/MASC.PL
NOUN.FEM/NEUT
NOUN.FEM/NEUT.PL
NOUN.FEM?
NOUN.FEM?.PL
NOUN.MASC
NOUN.MASC.PL
NOUN.MASC/FEM
NOUN.MASC/FEM.PL
NOUN.MASC/NEUT
NOUN.MASC/NEUT.PL
NOUN.MASC/NEUT?
NOUN.MASC?
NOUN.MASC?.PL
NOUN.NEUT
NOUN.NEUT.PL
NOUN.NEUT/FEM
NOUN.NEUT/MASC
NOUN.NEUT/MASC.PL
NOUN.NEUT?
NOUN.NEUT?.PL
NOUN.PL
NOUN.POSS
NUM
PART
PART.FEM.DAT.SG
PART.FEM.NOM.SG
PART.MASC.ACC.SG
PART.MASC.DAT.SG
PART.MASC.NOM.SG
PART.NEUT.ACC.SG
PART.NEUT.DAT.SG
PART.NEUT.NOM.SG
PART.NEUT.NOM/ACC.DEF.SG
PART.PL
PN
PN.ACC
PN.NOM
PN.POSS
PREFIX
PREP
PRES.PTCP
PTCL
UNK1
V.1.PL
V.2.PL
V.2.SG
V.3.PL
V.3.SG
V.INF
V.PRES.PTCP

I think, I have to ask the authors of the CSV for a better explaination. :-S

--
FreeDict â€” Free And Open Dictionaries