[free_hardware_science] Re: update and dates

  • From: Balu <balu.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: free_hardware_science@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 15:16:22 +0530

hi suryo,
i agree with you on having all sensors on the same board. we will discuss all these while we meet. It would be good if you guys can agree to meet on 8th.
Srini, are you there on 8th?
reg
balu

On 22/02/15 21:19, Suryoday Basak wrote:
I have had no issues posting on the groups/lists.

I think 7th March around is a good time to meet.

But on the outset, I'd like to explain why I suggested that we make our own
board.

The documentation on how to make an arduino is pretty concise. Besides, I
know people who have built arduinos themselves. Also, since we're using
modules for measuring the physical factors, it would be but convenient to
have all the required sensors on the same board. That will reduce hassles
of wiring, and loose ends.

We should meet up once you're here, Sir! Then we can discuss over the
requirements again!

Suryo

On 19 February 2015 at 09:27, Balu <balu.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi all,
nice to see things evolving on temperature,pressure,humidity and rainfall.
Also Suryo's suggestion on building our own board is interesting too. Since
we have some things concrete to toy around with, why can't we all meet;
- to test what's already in place; this could help us evaluate sensors and
generated data
- discuss on alt board and other modules
Shashank, can you propose a date after discussing with the sub-committee
guys? I am planning to be in bangalore (tentative) from 7-11 March.
reg
balu

ps: srini told me he had difficulties in registering himself on to the
list. anybody else facing similar issues? do we have everyone concerned
subscribed to the list?

On Sunday 15 February 2015 01:38 PM, Shashank Chakravarthy wrote:

Hi everyone,

The etherpad has been updated again. Please check and comment.
https://fhscience.etherpad.mozilla.org/1?

Regards,
Shashank

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Balu <balu.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  hi all,
Please follow the discussions on logger choice on the pad and a new
request for wind direction and speed.

As an immediate step, can we take three modules to focus on and hold a
half-a-day, hands-on, mini-workshop on these three modules? what would be
preferred dates? please suggest.

reg
balu