Re: What Pens are you using?

  • From: a aa <classwp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 14:49:04 -0400

That is really appalling behavior. I am surprised you were so passive.
If it had been me I would have reacted more strongly.

Something similar happened to to me when at a meeting at work a clown
snatched a Pelikan 400 out of my hand to make a note in the margin of
a agenda sheet. I just grabbed his hand and told him about 12" from
his face to never EVER do it again. He did not even bother to
apologise. A colleague informed me that this fool then went around
telling people I was not a nice guy and  was trying to get rough with
him.

I think one of the problems is that non FP people do not really know
how expensive and delicate some of our pens are

On 2 August 2010 14:13, W F Burns <wfburns1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Reminds me of a time when I was I a meeting and a woman came up and pulled
> out of my pocket an $800 MB without asking!  She tried to write with it and
> of course she could not.  So she began pounding the nib (customized of
> course) on a table to "make it work".  With tears in my eyes and shock on my
> face a friend took the pen away from her and returned it to me. No real
> damage done.  However I carry a cheaper pen to "loan" or hide my FP in coat
> pocket or case.
> Some people!

The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per instructions to complete
the process.