Re: Waterman or ?

  • From: "RFalken" <RFalken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 09:37:18 -0500

oh, oh... my almost favourite subject...

I use the inexpensive Sheaffer calligraphy pens for everyday writing almost every day. They come commonly in little sets with three different nib sizes.. fine, med and broad....

there are two designs, the older ones with plain, smooth sections, and the newer ones which have little dimples and rubbery grippy sections.. both are commonly available on Ebay for between $5 and $10... personally, I like the older ones with the smooth sections best because then its easier for my fingers to slide into the most comfortable position for them.. I find grippy sections create more tension in my hand, which is exactly what I use fountain pens to avoid...

online the easiest way to tell them apart is that the older, smooth section ones have maroon and beige graphics while the newer style have two tone blue, or blue and gray graphics... but I'd send an email enquiry to check for sure before I bid.. the pens with the grippy section also have

in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per instructions
to complete the process.