Waterman L5 Circa?

  • From: PoohcornerPens@xxxxxxx
  • To: pens@xxxxxxxx, fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 13:57:13 EST

I have a Waterman L5 model, lever filler, that I just  picked up from a
friend on Pentrace. I've inked it, because that's what I do,  and it's a really
lovely writer. Nice flex with a med-broad nib. The nib is  marked "NW5" and "14
ct", the usual UK marking for a 14 kt (US)  nib.

It's barrel stamped "Waterman's Made in England  L5".

Anyway, if anyone knows when this pen was produced, I'd be  grateful to know.
I couldn't readily find it in any of my reference books. I'm  guessing mid to
late 1950's or so. It came with the original retail box and  filling
instructions/guarantee from Waterman's UK.

Cheers!
Jim