Re: Sorry about the broadcast messages

  • From: "Roger Beamon" <rbeamon1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 17:24:07 -0700

On 3 May 2006 at 16:37, Bruce Grembowski wrote, at least in part:

> The thing that bugs me is that when I "Reply to Everyone" and hope to
> get both the individual email and the list email, so I can delete the
> list email, I get two copies of the list email address!  So then I
> have to cut and paste from here:

Hi Bruce,

For those with email clients that do not allow easy selection of which header
they wish to reply to, just do what Elaine does. Reply to all, then just
remove those in your outgoing headers that you don't want your reply to
reach. That's easier than any cutting and pasting, I think.

Merely reply to all, then highlight those that you don't want to get your
reply, delete and send it.

Please believe me when I tell you that Tom's list is not configured the way
99% of mailing lists are. With darned few exceptions they are configured to
have the "Reply To" header set to the list's address, since it is fostering
intercourse between the entire list and not BC conversations unless the
person replying chooses to go BC.

Tom has configured it that way because, imo, he is catering to the
commercial aspect of pendom. So much of that list is FS posts and the
respondents want to reply only to the seller and make their deal. Fptalk has
been configured to promote pen talk. The commercial offers and
counteroffers are fine, but be careful, or we'll all know what you're up to.
(My innate noseyness just loves to be in on your deal, though.  :-D

--
Roger Beamon
Southern Arizona  USA
in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.