Re: Sorry about the broadcast messages

  • From: "Roger Beamon" <rbeamon1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 20:40:41 -0700

Yes, if just reply is used, the reply will go only to the list. That's the way
it is
supposed to work.

I guess, then if you want to reply to the poster only you will have to hit
reply
and delete the list's address in the "To" header and paste the poster's
address in.

I guess I'm spoiled, as my email client, Pegasus, will by default reply to the
address set in the "Reply To" header if that is available. But before I accept
that default it presents me with a list of all addresses in the email's
complete
headers and I can choose whoever I wish to reply to.

Roger

On 3 May 2006 at 21:34, PENDEMONIUM wrote, at least in part:

> Roger Beamon wrote:
> > On 3 May 2006 at 17:50, Bruce Grembowski wrote, at least in part:
> >

> >>Unfortunately, Yahoo! Mail doesn't work that way.  I just did a
> >>"Reply to Everyone" and got this in my "To:" box:
> >

> > But that's not "everyyone"! "Everyone" for that post would be at
> > least the list address and my address as the poster.
> >
> > Have a look at other no charge address givers, Bruce. There's a
> > bunch out there and most don't require that you divulge so much of
> > yourself as Yahouie and Coldmail do. I assume that you choose not
> > to use the email address that you have with your ISP. At least your
> > ISP probably allows you to use a decent email client as opposed to
> > the freebie in house creations.
>
> Roger - It's not always working as you say it does, or perhaps
> should! On this message I'm replying to for instance, the headers
> are:
>
> From:  Roger Beamon rbeamon1@xxxxxxx
> Reply to: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <the time>
> To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> If I click Reply to All .... my return email headers only show the
> fptalk email, your email does not come up
>
> BUT ..... experimenting with a message I sent a few days ago and
> using it to reply to, the headers were:
>
> From:  Pendemonium  sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <date and time>
> To:  fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> When I Reply to All with headers as above, it goes to both the "from"
> email and the fptalk email addresses.
>
> It's hit and miss as to what the headers are, although it seems all
> the messages you author when replied to only go to the list.  Some
> authored by other people will go to the author and the list.  So the
> Reply to All function works with some messages, but not all messages.
>  At least using Thunderbird as mail client.
>
> It seems Bruce's yahoo account may not be the problem, but perhaps
> the inconsistent headers are causing the problem.
>
> Sam
>
> --
> http://www.pendemonium.com
> Pendemonium   PO Box 447  Fort Madison, IA  52627-0447
> Toll Free 888-372-2050   PH  319-372-0881  FAX  319-372-0882
> Sign up for Inky Greetings our e-Newsletter!
> 5/1/2006

in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.