RE: Gold, Steel or Other

  • From: "Steve Eaves" <pens-n-things@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 16:59:06 -0400

This is generally true, however, it also depends on what else is in the
allow. Flexibility in nibs is not from softness, but from a high modulus of
elasticity. I use Manga cartooning nibs in an oblique pen holder to write
Spencerian due to their flexibility. I also have some very flexy gold nibs.
Steve