Re: Fountain Pens mentioned ...

  • From: Karen Dockal <kcattx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:00:18 -0600

i'll add to it - i think i write as fast with one as with the other. It is
simply the beauty of the pen and ink that encourages me to take more time
with my handwriting.  I do think some specialty nibs *do* slow you down.  A
very crisp italic is best handled at an easy pace - not necessarily slow,
but slower than I would scribble with a normal nib.
On 1/30/06, Denis Richard <denis.richard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 30/01/06, Roger Beamon <rbeamon1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On 30 Jan 2006 at 8:06, Meisenzahl, Christopher1 wrote, at least in
> part:
> >
> > > <http://www.suntimes.com/output/otherviews/cst-edt-ref28a.html> Views
> > > Chicago Sun-Times - United States ... Use a fountain pen if you have
> > > one -- it slows you down and makes it harder to scribble. And make
> > > sure you can read your own signature. ...
> >
> > There's a lot of truth in that, Chris. If I slow down, the legibility of
> > my writing
> > increases, markedly.
> >
> > Roger
>
> I agree with Roger that deliberately slowing down almost always gives
> better
> results, simply because we are more attentive to letter-forming.
>
> That said, I disagree with the comments from the article that FPs slow you
> down. It's one of the myth of the FP-world. I kept hearing that everywhere
> and disagreed, so I put up a poll on FPN. In a sample of 52 voters (I
> know... not your average statistically significant sample, but that's what
> have... :D), 41 write faster with FPs, and 11write faster with BP. That
> seems to be the same proportion whether people used FPs since childhood or
> came to it later.
>
> The poll is there, if you want to add your own data to it :
> http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6059
>
> Denis

in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.