Fieldnotes Memo Books available at the Pear Tree Pen Company

  • From: "James Partridge" <James@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:11:44 -0400

Over the past few months, several of my customers have hounded me about the
merits of the Fieldnotes notebooks (http://www.fieldnotesbrand.com). None,
however, has been more vociferous than blogger Ryan Roossinck.
Unfortunately, Fieldnotes only sold direct to consumers and didn't sell
their product to retailers, so I wasn't able to offer tham the Pear Tree Pen
Company.  Luckily, Fieldnotes recently announced they were finally making
their stuff available to retailers, and I quickly jumped on the bandwagon
and ordered some. I'm pleased to say that my shipment arrived the other day
and Fieldnotes memo books are now available at
http://www.PearTreePens.com<http://www.peartreepens.com/>.

Fieldnotes has been racking up the kudos all over the place, and it's easy
to see why.   For less than ten bucks you get a pack of three notebooks,
filled with high-quality fountain pen-friendly Boise Offset Smooth 50# text
paper, imprinted with the perfect 1-pica-graph in light brown ink.  At 3.5"
x 5.5", a Fieldnotes memo book is just the right size for keeping in your
pocket to jot something down when you need it.

I've been using mine for a couple of days now and have to admit I'm
impressed.  I've tested them with a variety of pens and inks, including a
really wet writing Pelikan 400NN filled with Omas Blue.  The paper is nice
and smooth and really takes the ink well.  Unlike some other "sized" papers,
the paper absorbs the ink quickly, so even my Private Reserve inks seem to
dry quickly with no feathering and no bleed-through.  I think they'd be
perfect ink-testing notebooks for use with the Pear Tree Pen Co. Ink Sample
Program.  I'm sure you all can come up with other uses for them as well.

I'd like to say thanks to Ryan for bringing this to my attention! Read
Ryan's blog, Brassing Adds Character, at Wordpress (
http://roossinck.wordpress.com). He may be a pest, but he's also quite
interesting.

Fieldnotes. Get 'em. Use 'em. Enjoy 'em.
--
James Partridge
The Pear Tree Pen Company