Boxed Set Sheaffer/Lenox 1959 desk set.

  • From: isaacson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Zoss Pen List <pens@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 05:26:48 +0000 (UTC)

Sorry not been posting much of late (you'd think I'd be motivated), but last
few weeks have been very busy. I am catching up. Actually, I seem to keep
saying that. Maybe one day will prove true.  Perhaps the night shift growth
from the original "full time" at 1050 hours to  the current 2200 hours/year has
left me permanently backlogged. Food for thought.

I recently scrawled and article on a heretofore minimally addressed subject,
Sheaffer's 1959 desk sets, with bases made by the famous Lenox China. I
assembled a complete collection (without realizing it at the time), have done
some photography, and thanks to Roger Wooten and Sam Marshall, have Sheaffer
literature. Originally slated for Stylus Magazine, with the loss of all but the
Annual, the article was redirected to PENnant. Paul Erano has taken over as
editor, and we have conspired on pen projects nearly ten years now.

Anyway, after completing the article, I stumbled across this set on ebay.
Featuring one of the least expensive bases in the Lenox series, it does feature
the Golden Moire desk pen made by Sheaffer for this series. The condition of
the set appealed to me

Photos are at the Board. Comments of course are encouraged here on Z and FP list

http://fountainpenboard.com/forum/index.php?/topic/767-sheaffer-lenox-desk-set-in-rather-nice-shape/

regards

David
in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.