[foxboro] peer 2 peer loop strategy conclusion

  • From: Ajit.S.Kumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 23:43:02 +0300

Dear All,
Suggestions required, Thanks in advance.
What are the advantages/disadvantages of P2P communication in an complex
loop.
We have few control loop hardwired between FBM's due to complicity but
need to find a better way to avoid FBM failures or Open wires which drives
the complex loops to plant upset.
Is P2P a better industrial way in the Refinery Applications. The present
scenario is to convert the FBM to redundant type, but still we need a
better answer to use P2P.

Thanks and best regards

A.kumar