[foxboro] nodeus traffic

  • From: "Rogerio Weber Kirst" <rogeriokirst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:58:41 -0200

Hi!

Last year we faced some problems at nodebus involving AW freezing. The
problems were credited to our high nodebus traffic level (it was about
1000pcg/sc). After some work the traffic became about 600pcg/sec. Now I'm
trying to monitor nodebus traffic in order to prevent further problems.

We have a routine based on remv and remd commands witch resets the counters
once every day.

Our system consists of 10 CPs (6 of them are FT), 3 AWs, 4 WPs and 9
Gateways, everything in a single node. In the middle of the nodebus we have
NCNI modules (they replaced our old FONBEs).

I am trying to have an idea of the rate of frames transmitted for each
station. The numbers I got are:

AWs: about 6.500.000 frames transmitted / day;

WPs: about 1.000.000 frames transmitted / day;

CPs: about 3.500.000 frames transmitted / day;

MG: about 1.000.000 frames transmitted / day;

Are those rates OK or they are too high for a single node application? We
are thinking about splitting the nodebus in two in order to reduce the
traffic level...

Thanks,

Rogério Weber kirst

Evaluation Engineering