Re: [foxboro] pH control

  • From: Terry Doucet <doucet427@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:54:50 -0400

Robert,

"pH controller that seemed to be working over the years"

So did anything change - location of sensor, tank agitator, pH of input process
fluid (addition of a buffering agent), coating on sensor or target pH? Changes
in mixing are quite common that should be checked. Have you checked deadtime
for the pH measurement? DT should be reduced as much as possible by efficient
mixing, location of the sensor and efficient lime entry into the mixing vessel.
Is the lime feeding in clumps or is it nicely powdered and easily mixed?

Can you get repeatable pH with manual changes in lime feeder? Are you using
non-linear control in the PIDA?

Not much help, but perhaps things to check.

Terry