Re: [foxboro] just a tip

  • From: Brian Bates <batesb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 09:52:46 -0400

Jaime

If you have the motor run status of the pump that supplies the flow meter
available in your DCS, you can connect this boolean to the KSCALE parameter
of your AIN block.
When the pump is running, KSCALE=1, when the pump is off, KSCALE=0, and the
output of the AIN block will be zero.

      -Brian Bates.

|         |           "Jaime Claramunt |
|         |           R. (Inforsa)"    |
|         |           <jclaramunt@infor|
|         |           sa.cmpc.cl>      |
|         |           foxboro-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org      |
|         |           05/18/2004 04:28 |
|         |           foxboro          |

>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                      |
  |       cc:
                                      |
  |       Subject:  [foxboro] just a tip
                                      |

>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

hey list,

does anybody have a tip for this ...
we have some flowmeters (AIN) that still indicates some when there is no
flow...
this is used then in ACCUM blocks, and I want to find the way to indicate
this block to accumulate only values over a low limit...with limits ?
clamping ? (without hold ...)

thanks

jaime Claramunt
INFORSA Paper Mill