Re: [foxboro] just a tip

  • From: duc.do@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 08:38:24 -0400

>For some reason, the SCI of 7 (low flow cut-off) doesn't work for me,
>even though it's a pretty plain-jane mass meter sending 4-20mA signal
>through an FBM 4.

Minor correction: I'm at work now and can confirm that it's actually SCI of
10 that we tried to use for low cut-off for this 12800-64000 linear raw
count signal. Nonetheless, SCI of 10 does NOT work either, and the reason
for that is plain to see when one looks at the logic for SCI=10 in B0193AW:

    SCI = 10: Linear 12800 to 64000 raw counts with low cutoff

    IF raw_value <= 12800
    THEN
       converted_value = LSCO1;
    ELSE
       converted_value = ((raw_value - 12800) * (HSCO1 - LSCO1) /
       51200) + LSCO1;

So, there you have it. The low cut-off is ... zero!

Duc

--
Duc M. Do
Dow Corning Corp.