Re: [foxboro] goglobal replacement

  • From: "Pyle, Janet" <jhpyle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:23:17 -0400

Terry,

GO-Global 1.65 does work with Solaris 8 but now you have to tell it what
Window to start in (goglobal -desktop openwin) and GO-Global will no longer
automatically launch a display manager (DM or FV). You now have to select it
from the OpenWindow pick.

If you are currently using Exceed, however, I would just stick with Exceed
and not switch to Go-Global for more functionality and better long-term
support.

Best Regards,
Janet H. Pyle
Invensys Process Systems