Re: [foxboro] go global access

  • From: Ron Deen <r.deen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:20:23 +0200

Try to avoid using the "root" account. Foxboro provides the "ia" account for
remote terminals. It's installed on every UNIX system. It does not have
"root" privileges but usually fits the needs and a qualified engineer could
always "su".
For some sites I made a copy of the "ia" account with higher priviliges to be
used when needed. Just log in with that "iaroot" account and you are in
business.

Also as a nice bonus: the remote terminals keep working after you modify the
"root" password which you do every week or so I guess :-)

Just my opinion

Ron Deen@home