Re: [foxboro] fsck

  • From: Ajay_Tathgir@xxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:05:48 +0530

You can have a try with dft_replace_sys SCSI_BUS_ID. This is pretty simple,
single command & done.

What it does behind the scene is that it detaches / un-mirrors the
specified disk. Asks you to replace the faulty disk with new one. No need
to do that in your case (as long as disk is not physically bad). Just say
you have done it. Enter CONT to continue. It will reformat, remirror &
that's it.

As usual you can see the status via dft_show_status.

REMEMBER: The SCSI_BUS_ID you specify should be the one that has Nds_Maint,
otherwise you will land up in soup, as the good one will also go into
Nds_Maint. Also check the syntax of dft_replace_sys. I would prefer to have
a good backup around.

HH835 works well too as Richard said, but I just find this one simpler,
especially if you have a more than one partition in Nds_Maint.

It just struck me - that if we have 2+ partitions in Nds_Maint, 1 from esp0
& another from esp1. Never seen such a case but then HH835 looks like a
answer.

Best Regards

Ajay Tathgir
Reliance Industries Limited
Mumbai - India

"Harris, Richard" <Richard.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>@freelists.org on
17-10-2002 03:20:03 AM

Please respond to foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:    "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:
Subject:    Re: [foxboro] fsck

Jef,
By the way - if the disk IS mirrored, HH835 shows you how to fix the
problem.

Regards,

Richard Harris
Foxboro Site Systems  Engineer
NRG Gladstone Operating Services
Tel:   07-4976 5419   Fax:  07-4976 5100
Mobile: 0409 164344
Email: rharris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> ----------

(Disclaimer: The contents of this electronic message and any attachments
are
intended only for the addressee and may contain legally privileged,
personal, sensitive or confidential information. If you are not the
intended
addressee, and have received this e-mail any transmission, distribution,
downloading, printing or photocopying of the contents of this message or
attachments is strictly prohibited. Any legal privilege or confidentiality
attached to this message and attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed
by
reason of delivery to any person other than the intended addressee. If you
have received this message and are not the intended addressee you should
notify the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the message
and
any attachments. Unless expressly attributed, the views expressed in this
email do not necessarily represent the views of the Company.)