Re: [foxboro] fdf_g, fdf_i

  • From: "Johnson, Alex (Foxboro)" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:35:52 -0400

I'm sitting in a hotel in Anzio, Italy logged into my system in Houston.
It's 10pm and I have to get up early for a presentation on FoxCTS. I mention
this to point out that I hate to be wrong. So,

Here is the transcript of a display conversion. The file being converted is
a DMCplus Bridge file built for the DM:

Here you can see that I do not have any files called DMCplus*.fdf:
1AW51C# ls DMC*
DMCMV.ACPID    DMCMV.PID      DMCPLUSD.SUM0

I will now convert DMCPLUSD.SUM0 from a pdf file to an fdf file:

1AW51C# /usr/fox/wp/bin/tools/pdf_fdf DMCPLUSD.SUM0

Here is the trace from pdf_fdf:

           SL-GMS (5.3m) Copyright (c) 23 November 1996
                 by Sherrill-Lubinski Corporation
                   Configuration: C53m4_261123

                   RESTRICTED RIGHTS LEGEND

Notwithstanding any agreement that may pertain to these
materials, use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is
subject to restrictions as set forth in the Rights in Technical
Data and Computer Software clause at FAR 52.227-19(c)(2) or
of DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii).

                SHERRILL-LUBINSKI CORPORATION
              240 Tamal Vista Blvd., Suite 110
                   Corte Madera, CA 94925
                       (415) 927-1724

     Enhancement Package Configuration: W53a0_261216

Processing File: DMCPLUSD.SUM0
... DMCPLUSD_SUM0.g

Created File DMCPLUSD.SUM0.fdf

           SL-GMS (5.3m) Copyright (c) 23 November 1996
                 by Sherrill-Lubinski Corporation
                   Configuration: C53m4_261123

                   RESTRICTED RIGHTS LEGEND

Notwithstanding any agreement that may pertain to these
materials, use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is
subject to restrictions as set forth in the Rights in Technical
Data and Computer Software clause at FAR 52.227-19(c)(2) or
of DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii).

                SHERRILL-LUBINSKI CORPORATION
              240 Tamal Vista Blvd., Suite 110
                   Corte Madera, CA 94925
                       (415) 927-1724

     Enhancement Package Configuration: W53a0_261216
... ERROR: State 'std_dpyst' has a null Display
... ERROR: gmsStNameStrMsgS: error activating State 'std_dpyst' under
SuperState '
std_appst'.
... ERROR: gmsStSimpleActivate(a1118:std_scrst, a0fd8:std_dpyst): superstate
not a
ctive.
... ERROR: gmsStNameStrMsgS: error activating State 'std_scrst' under
SuperState '
std_dpyst'.
... ERROR: No Application Context State!!!

Converting display file(s) to Version 7

Processing file: DMCPLUSD.SUM0.fdf
   *** Display file name invalid: DMCPLUSD.SUM0  ***

... ERROR: gmsStSimpleDeactivate(0): not a valid state object: 0

Total Number of Files Converted: 0

The Following 1 Files Were Not Converted:
(Scroll back to see reason for failure)
        DMCPLUSD.SUM0.fdf

Log files:
        /opt/ajohnson/LOGa0045u.dat (Log file) and
        /opt/ajohnson/ERRa0045u.dat (Error Log) created
for session.

Total Number of files Converted: 1

In the end, I found the following:

1AW51C# !ls
ls DMC*
DMCMV.ACPID        DMCMV.PID          DMCPLUSD.SUM0.fdf  DMCPLUSD.SUM0.pdf
1AW51C#

As you can see, I have both a .pdf and a .fdf file.

Though you cannot see it (and I can't send you a screen capture through the
mailing list), the display is called up on my FV window on my PC.

Now, I will admit that a hotel in Anzio is not your office, but I have to
believe that you can do it there too.

Here is my environment setup:

1AW51C# setenv
HOME=/
PATH=/opt/windu/lib:.:/opt/GG/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X
11:/us
r/sbin:/etc:/usr/ucb:/usr/local:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/opt/SUNWmd/sbin:/usr/fox/w
p/bin/
tools:/opt/fox/bin/tools:/usr/foxbin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/fox/wp/bin:/opt/g
ms/bin
:/opt/fox/ami/bin:/opt/foxind/cpUtil/exe:/opt/WLtop/bin:/opt/fox/ais/bin:/op
t/info
rmix/bin:/opt/SUNWguide/bin:/opt/aim/bin:/opt/aos/scripts:/opt/aos/exe:/opt/
aos/ex
e:/opt/aos/scripts:/opt/dmcplus/bin:/opt/dmcplus/scripts:/opt/cimio/commands
:/opt/
informix/bin:/opt/fox/ais/bin:/opt/fox/bin/tools
LOGNAME=root
HZ=100

TZ=GMT
SHELL=/bin/csh
MAIL=/var/mail/root
TERM=vt100
PWD=/opt/ajohnson
USER=root
FOXAISHOME=/opt/fox/ais/bin
LM_LICENSE_FILE=/etc/opt/licenses/licenses_combined
INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/windu/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/opt/SUNWspro/lib:/usr/openwin/li
b:/opt
/dt/lib:/opt/windu/fox:/opt/fox/wp/FoxDraw
OPENWINHOME=/usr/openwin
MOTIFHOME=/usr/dt
DTHOME=/opt/dt
MANPATH=/opt/share/man:/opt/fox/ais/man:/usr/openwin/man:/opt/WLtop/man:/opt
/SUNWs
pro/man:/opt/fox/bin
GUIDEHOME=/opt/SUNWguide
EXINIT=set ts=3 sw=3 ai showmode noeb directory=.
GMS_HOME=/opt/gms
WUHOME=/opt/windu
CIMIOROOT=/opt/cimio
CIMIOCOM=/opt/cimio/commands
CIMIOCODE=/opt/cimio/code
CIMIOETC=/opt/cimio/etc
CIMIODEF=/opt/cimio/etc
CIMIOLOG=/opt/cimio/etc
CIMIO_FOXIA=/opt/cimio/io/foxia
CIMIO_FOXAOS=/opt/cimio/io/foxaos
CONNECT_CIO_TIMEOUT=240
ACODHOME=/opt/dmcplus
FOXIA_TIMEZONE_SHIFT=9
AOS_DIR=/opt/aos
APP=/opt/dmcplus/app
1AW51C#

I use the csh exclusively, but you can adapt it for whatever shell you use.

If you use the VT100 script, you need to edit /usr/fox/bin/VT100.script.

I hope this helps.

Invensys
10707 Haddington
Houston, TX 77063