Re: [foxboro] dedit crash

  • From: "Landry, Dwayne" <rdlandry@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:45:38 -0500

We have the same problem here. TAC was able to re-create the problem and CAR
1014685 was created. The CAR has since been closed and I was told that the
problem was resolved in FV/FD 10.2.3
Were still running 10.2.2 so I cannot personally vouch that is has been
corrected in 10.2.3

CAR Description:
Using dedit from the command line or the GUI in Foxdraw on a heavily
concentrated FDF display causes a Segmentation Violation. The command line
syntax used is '' dedit -dump displayname.fdf '' I can take the same display
that it crashed on and open it up in FoxDraw, delete several objects, save it
and then the dedit -dump works fine. It appears that there is a limit on the
number of connections in a display that dedit can handle? This is not on just a
handful of displays but a large percentage of them.

Thanks,
Dwayne Landry
Axiall Corp.