Re: [foxboro] almdisp.exe using up Windows handles

  • From: <Jack.Easley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:18:53 -0600

I'm not sure our problem is the same as yours, as our problem is P91s
using many Terminal Services remote Foxviews leaving lists open when the
remote Foxview is closed. I created a script that closes any bad lists
as a work-around and run it weekly. However, Foxboro says upgrading for
Foxview 8.2 to Foxview 8.2.1 will fix the problem, if in fact you are
running Foxview 8.2 on your Terminal Servers. I think this was unique to
Foxview 8.2 and P90/P91s. I'm not sure this relates to FoxPage (as we
don't have it) and your problem, but it is a remote possibility. The P91
and not released handles (unclosed lists) are the same symptoms.

Jack Easley
Sr. I&C Technician
Luminant Power, Martin Lake Plant
Phone 903.836.6273