Re: [foxboro] a simple challenge

  • From: "Stan Ruth" <Stan_Ruth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:32:56 -0600

Michel,

In a PLB block, I don't believe that the times can be varied by external
means.  They are hard coded into the PLB logic.

A CALC block might be your best bet for something like this.

Stan M. Ruth, P.E.
Process Control Engineer
Huntsman O&O Plant

E-mail: stan_ruth@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                    mvandenberg@xxxxxx

                    Sent by:                  To:     foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                    foxboro-bounce@fre        cc:

                    elists.org                Subject:     [foxboro] a simple
challenge

                    11/21/2001 02:24

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    foxboro

Hi list,

We are going to replace a local relay / timer driven filter cleaning
sequence by "something" in I/A.
We therefore need to separately activate 4 solenoids, one after the oth=
er,
for a variable number of seconds (most likely 2). The interval between
activating the solenoids should also be variable.
I have already made something with a Calc block that generates seconds =
( 0
to 62) connected to a AIN block. On the four boolean alarm limits I
connected the solenoids using a GDEV with the pulse option on. But ther=
must be something more brilliant than this, without the use of a DEP bl=
ock.
The solenoids will be connected (2?wire) to FBM41C/42C, therefore a PLB=

solution is an option.
All suggestions are more than welcome.

thanks,

Michel