Re: [foxboro] Warning - potential CALC problems

  • From: joseph wu <josewusan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 04:17:40 -0700 (PDT)

Try OR 4.

  Joseph Wu
  Dow Chemcial DCS support
terry.lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  I just wanted to communicate an issue to you that we recently discovered
on our Foxboro system at Dow Corning, Barry. So this note is intended
to raise awareness, share the learning, and alert you to a potential
problem on your own systems.
One of our Systems Engineers came across some CALC blocks that didn't
work as expected. On investigation he found that they had been coded
with dual operands, e.g. OR BI01 BI02. This facility is only available
on the CALCA block, the CALC block will only use the first operand, the
second is treated as a comment - there is no warning when typed in the
ICC.
This meant that several trip group blocks were only grouping half the
inputs!

e.g. OR BI01 BI02 - BI02 is ignored
OR BI03 BI04 - BI04 is ignored
OR 2
OUT BO01

In order to check our complete system I exported the CALC block (>1400
blocks!) out of FoxCAE into a spreadsheet and used some vba to search
for spaces (only one space then ok!)

Regards
Terry

Terry Lloyd, Systems Engineer