Re: [foxboro] WP51B won't communicate

  • From: "Dale Gillis" <doctorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:18:39 -0400

I would watch the screen as the box boots up....you should see it
configuring the ethernet card/s.  You should see it on le0 and if it's not
successfull it will tell you.  If successfull do a boot -rs from the fourth
toolkit mode and try pinging itself.  If it is alive then it must be either
the DNBI itself or the serial port or cable problem.  If not successfull do
a pref and grep on your le* and make sure it isn't linking to some other le
number.  If it is, then change the hostname.le* to match it.  Make sure it
isn't a second ethernet port.  If it is le0 then the ethernet card must be
bad.