Re: [foxboro] TOTAL ALARM LIST DEFINED IN A CONTROLER

  • From: "Lowell, Timothy" <Timothy.Lowell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:40:28 -0500

I have an Excel spreadsheet tool I created that works with ICCprt files from
Unix or Windows. It parses whatever blocks are in the file to separate tabbed
sheets for each block type, with all parameters listed. There is also a tab for
all blocks and a tab for all I/O points. After you create the sheets, you can
run a macro that hides all but the alarm parameters. You can also use it to
create new ICCdrvr.tsk files by modifying the sheets and you can create
AIM*Historian input files. I can send it off-line to anyone who wants it.

We used it a lot during our recent project. It's great for anyone who wants to
know, "What blocks are we cutting over in that cabinet?" or "Which blocks did
you cut over today/this week/last week?" You can just copy and paste the data
they need into another Excel sheet and send it to them. We also used it at
various times to make mass changes to the configuration, such as adding the
correct LoopID or adding text to the alarm text fields.

It's not foxray, but it is free and it uses Excel, which is as universal as you
can get.

Tim Lowell
Tesoro Corporation | 54741 Tesoro Rd, Kenai, AK 99611 | 907-776-3526 (work) |
210-439-5914 (cell)