Re: [foxboro] Station Block group assignments

  • From: Neil Martin <neil_martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:13:02 -0500

Note, at least with a V7.X/V6.X Unix mixed system (except for 2 AW70 OPC
gateways), a similar problem also occurs when you eliminate alarms by
changing the hex address to 0 for the Station Block Alarm Group assignments
in ICC.  To get the alarm groups to work again (i.e. report alarms to the
WPs, etc.) later as they originally did, you have to enter the same hex
address and then pick on each of the alarm devices in the Station Block
(that were never removed from the list) and hit the enter key, before
hitting the DONE button in ICC.

Neil Martin
Huntsman Performance Chemicals

             "Ron Schafer"
             <rschafer@xxxxxxx
             ebirchpaper.com>                                           To
             Sent by:                  <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             foxboro-bounce@fr                                          cc
             eelists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [foxboro] Station Block group
             08/27/2007 02:32          assignments
             PM

             Please respond to
             foxboro@freelists
                   .org

We had the same problem at 6.3 and had whitespaces after the names. The
solutions was:
I believe you need to enter your devices by selecting from ICC SHOW ->
AVAILABLE WP's and then select the desired station and confirm with
Enter
key.

Then I found the whitespace issue.

Ronald G. Schafer
10026 Old Ridge Rd.
Ashland Va. 23009
804-227-4034
Would not know if it is still the case with 6.5.4 but we had similar
problems with 6.3.

I believe you need to enter your devices by selecting from ICC SHOW ->
AVAILABLE WP's and then select the desired station and confirm with
Enter
key.
Typing or setting with icc script could give unpredictable results.

Kind regards,
Patrick Martens