Re: [foxboro] Software Install workaround?

  • From: "Lowell, Tim:" <Tim.C.Lowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:48:56 -0400

Yes.  There is plenty of space (34%, 23%, and 4% full in /, /usr and
/opt).

I just made a third copy of the diskette and used the AW51E that hosts
that node to do a Remote Install, and that time it worked.  I guess the
two other floppies were corrupted, even though one of them worked 18
times, and I never even used the other one.

Am I the only one who *hates* Install_WP?  Can we get a software
installation environment that isn't designed to use software media that
reached its height of popularity in 1988?

Tim Lowell
Control Systems Engineer
ConocoPhillips Trainer Refinery
(610) 364-8362