Re: [foxboro] Software Install failure

  • From: "Easley, Jack" <Jack.Easley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 14:15:41 -0500

I would just be happy with Fox restoring the convenience we finally got to in
UNIX Land where you could sit at one station and remotely commit (only one
functional diskette drive required) all of the other stations manually, then
reboot them from System Monitor.

At the current Windows MESH version, Fox has reverted to requiring the tech to
going local to each box to commit and reboot. Also the reboot requirement is
required now to start the commit process, whereas in the past if you were
knowledgeable you could postpone some reboots. Maybe the return of all of this
is reserved as a Foxboro product enhancement for the future. I got that last
line from Fox Field Services, so don't think of me as too cynical.

Jack Easley
Sr. I&C Technician
Luminant Power, Martin Lake Plant
Phone 903.836.6273
jack.easley@xxxxxxxxxxxx

contains or may contain confidential information intended only for the
addressee. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, be advised
that any reading, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying or other use of
this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply message
and delete this email message and any attachments from your system.